We love our pets, they bring immense joy and companionship. However, we cannot help but hate the mess and clutter they create in our homes. It is our duty as pet owners to prioritize cleanliness in our homes to maintain a healthy living environment for both our pets and selves.
If you are struggling in keeping up with the mess, here are some tips for you on how to keep a clean home with pets.
Best Practices to Keep Home Tidy
Each of these tips can contribute to a cleaner home by removing pet hair, dander, and odors, and preventing the buildup of bacteria and allergens.
- Regularly vacuuming and dusting: Pet hair, dander, and dust can accumulate quickly, so it’s important to vacuum and dust your home regularly. Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter to trap pet hair and dander, and be sure to vacuum under furniture, in corners, and on upholstery.
- Cleaning pet toys and bedding: Pet toys and bedding can harbor bacteria, dirt, and odors, so it’s important to clean them regularly. Wash your pet’s bedding in hot water once a week, and clean toys with soap and water or pet-safe disinfectant.
- Using air purifiers and deodorizers: Air purifiers and deodorizers can help to remove pet odors and improve air quality in your home. Look for products that are designed specifically for pet owners, and change filters or refill deodorizers regularly.
- Training your pet to avoid certain areas: Designate certain areas of your home as off-limits to your pets, such as the kitchen or bedrooms. Use pet gates or training to keep your pets out of these areas, which can help to reduce mess and keep your home cleaner.
- Cleaning up accidents immediately: Accidents happen, but it’s important to clean them up promptly to prevent odors and stains. Use a pet-specific cleaner to thoroughly clean the affected area, and be sure to remove all traces of urine or feces.
- Brushing and grooming your pet regularly: Regular grooming can help to reduce shedding and prevent matting of your pet’s fur. Brush your pet’s coat at least once a week, and bathe them as needed to keep them clean and fresh.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
No one is perfect. Even a pet owner for years can still make some of these mistakes. But we are glad you come across this article/ Now, you can avoid these common mistakes while keeping your home clean and tidy without harming your pets.
- Using cleaning products with harsh ingredients. Some of us believe that using cleaning products with strong ingredients cleans better. However, these products may contain harsh ingredients that may be harmful to pets and humans. Always check the ingredients of the laundry detergents you use for your pet’s clothes and bedding. Opt for a pet-safe and eco-friendly cleaning product to free them from toxic chemicals. If you are relying on a wash & fold in chinatown nyc, ask them about the products they use to ensure your pet’s safety.
- Overlooking other certain areas. Some neglect areas that are out of sight or hard to reach, not knowing that these areas build up dirt, dust, and pet hair, which can be a breeding ground for bacteria and allergens. So when you try to maintain a clean home with pets, include all areas, reach behind furniture, under rugs, and in other nooks and crannies.
- Missing out days with cleaning. A clean and tidy home requires a regular cleaning routine, such as vacuuming, dusting, and wiping down surfaces. If you neglect these tasks, it allows pet hair and dander to accumulate, which leads to odors and a messy home. Create a regular cleaning schedule and stick to it to ensure your home stays clean and tidy. If you have a hectic schedule at work, appoint a house cleaning and premium wash & fold service nyc to take care of your home.
- Not addressing accidents immediately. Our pets can knock off things and may cause accidents. You have to clean the mess immediately to prevent from odors lingering and stains from seeping further. Make sure to remove all traces of urine or feces to prevent bacteria growth.
Some may advise keeping your pets contained in a cage or crate to make cleaning and maintaining a tidy home easier. However, we condone this. Yes, pets can be messy, and it is their nature to shed fur, so it is the owner’s responsibility to clean up. We encourage every pet owner to allow their pets to roam freely. They deserve to roam freely.
Always remember to avoid these mistakes to ensure your pets are safe while keeping your home clean and tidy.
Benefits of Keeping a Clean Home with Pets
Keeping your home clean improves your indoor air quality. Having a furry companion means a lot of pet hair, dander, and other allergens in your home. These affect the air quality of your home and may cause respiratory problems or aggravate your allergies. Vacuuming or dusting daily reduces these airborne allergens. According to a study, vacuuming and dusting reduce airborne allergens by up to 80%.
Besides improving the air quality, maintaining cleanliness around your home reduces your risk of illness and allergies. There is a possibility that your fur baby has harbored germs and bacteria from their walks outside, and may cause you infections or illness. Doing a cleaning routine helps disinfects your home and reduces the risk of these harmful bacteria and allergens spreading.
Keeping a clean home not only protects us from illness and allergies, but also makes our home more pleasant to live in. No one wants to live in a messy home. A clean and tidy home creates a more comfortable living, reducing your stress and improving your overall well-being.
Always prioritize keeping your home clean to enjoy the company of your fur babies.
It has always been a challenge to keep our homes clean and tidy, but what more when we have our fur babies around? Follow our advice in maintaining a tidy home with pets to have a cleaner home. It might be tiring at first, but it becomes achievable in the long run. Always remember to be patient and consistent in your cleaning efforts.